FAQ Level 3 Award for First Responders on Scene: FROS®
Equivalent to First Response Emergency Care (FREC),
First Person on Scene (FPOS) and First Responder courses.
FAQ Level 3 Award for First Responders on Scene: Emergency First Responder (RQF) FROS® is to provide first responders with the skills, knowledge and understanding to provide the appropriate life-saving care to a casualty prior to the arrival of an ambulance
Upcoming events for this course
FAQ Level 3 Award for First Responders on Scene: FROS®
This qualification is Category C on the FPHC PHEM Skills Framework.
The FROS® qualification is one of the available Level 3 Pre-Hospital Care courses, along with First Person on Scene (FPOS), First Responder and First Response Emergency Care (FREC) courses. The course we offer is underwritten by FutureQuals and focuses very much on practical training.
It is an ideal course for:
- Community First Responders
- Security operatives (The FROS course is approved by the SIA)
- Close protection officers
- Prison guards
- High risk workplaces where a higher level of first aid is required
- Fire services
- Ambulance services
- Firearms officers
- Offshore workers
- Wind turbine workers
- First Aid instructors who want to increase their knowledge and learn more advanced techniques
- Individuals who want to learn more about how to deal with an emergency situation
- Individuals who would like to gain a qualification that they can use to support their progression onto a range of health related qualifications, including The Level 3 Award for Ambulance Service First Responders
This training is offered as a blended course. Blended training is where you complete the online module part 1 (approximately 11.5 hours) independently before completing the practical module part 2 (3 days) with an approved instructor. You must complete part 1 prior to attending part 2 of the course.
What better place to attend the 3-day practical course than in Plymouth, a vibrant waterfront city! If you’re in need of accommodation, the The Duke of Cornwall offer a discount for anyone attending our courses. Whilst here, why not visit some of the country’s most envied beaches and explore some of the South West Coast Path? Just on the edge of Plymouth, you’ll also find one of the finest and largest national parks in Britain – Dartmoor!
The FROS® course is a regulated qualification. The course meets the guidelines and requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981 and subsequent changes made in October 2017 and it meets the latest UK and European Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Spaces on our FROS® courses are limited to a maximum of 8 people. A hands-on approach ensures that attendees learn first aid skills and have the confidence to use them in a real life situation. Learners are assessed throughout the course on their practical demonstrations, Q&A sessions and a final exam.
On successful completion of the FROS® course, attendees will receive an accredited FAQ Level 3 Award for First Responders on Scene: Emergency First Responder qualification which is valid for three years. An annual FROS® refresher course is highly recommended. To renew, you would need to attend a 3-day FROS® Requalification course.
Attendees completing our FROS® courses receive access to an online manual and video library for refreshing skills and reference through ProTrainings.
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Assessment of casualties who require immediate emergency care
- Basic life support and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Management of a wide range of medical conditions
- Care of wounds, bleeding and burns
- Management of advanced trauma injuries
- Recognition and management of anaphylaxis
- Administration of oxygen therapy
- Use of spinal boards and scoop stretchers to immobilise and transport a patient
- Immobilisation techniques used in treating different injuries
- Blood sugar level assessment
- How to use and analyse pulse oximetry
- How to how to take and understand blood pressure
- Use of tools to immobile fractured limbs
- How to size and fit cervical neck collars
- The treatment for a wide variety of different injuries and illnesses
- How to stop catastrophic bleeding with tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
- How to estimate levels of blood loss
- How to identify different medical conditions
- Advanced airway management and how to use airway devices
- How to use bag valve masks in resuscitation
- Medications used in patient care
- How to triage patients to treat the more serious person first
- Advanced patient priority treatments using DR(s)ABCDE
- Completing Patient Information Records
- Using suction to clear a patient’s airway
- How to work with a team to treat a patient
Price for this courseFAQ Level 3 Award for First Responders on Scene: FROS®
- £458.40 each for 2 attendees
- £436.80 each for 3 attendees
- £415.20 each for 4 attendees
- £393.60 each for 5 attendees
- £372.00 each for 6 attendees
- £350.40 each for 7 attendees
- £328.80 each for 8 attendees
- £307.20 each for 9 attendees
- £285.60 each for 10 attendees
- £261.40 each for 11 attendees
- £240.00 each for 12 attendees
The prices above are for venue-based courses and private bookings for 4 or more attendees.
We are also pleased to offer private courses for 3 attendees or less. These can be delivered at your place of work or home. Please let us know if this is something you’d like to organise.
Prices are inclusive of your training and certificate.
A discount is applied for each additional learner attending a course. A full course of 12 learners is priced at 50% off!
Travel costs will be added to the prices above at a rate of 30p per mile from our office in Plympton.
If you would like to book this course, please complete the form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.