Last Updated: November 2023
- Information We Collect
a. Personal Information
We may collect and process the following types of personal information:
- Contact Information: Name, address, email address, phone number, usernames and passwords.
- Payment Information: Billing and payment data for purchases made through our website is stored by Stripe. You may find their privacy notice here: https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy
- Training Records: Information related to your participation in our first aid training courses.
- Event Details: Information related to your request for first aid event cover.
- Feedback: Any feedback or reviews you provide regarding our services.
b. Automatically Collected Information from the Website
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Log Data: IP addresses, browser types, referring pages, date and time of access, and operating system details.
- Cookies: Small files stored on your device to enhance your browsing experience. You can manage cookie preferences through your browser settings.
- Device Information: Details about the device you use to access our website, including the device type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Usage Information: Pages visited, links clicked, and other actions taken on our website.
- How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing Services: To deliver the first aid training and event cover services you have requested.
- Communication: To respond to enquiries, provide updates on courses or events, and communicate important information.
- Improving Services: To analyse customer feedback and enhance our services.
- Marketing: With your consent, to send you information about our services in the future. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use automatically collected information for website functionality, analytics, and marketing, as described in detail in Section 4.
- Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Contractual Necessity: To fulfil our contractual obligations when providing training or event cover services.
- Consent: For specific activities, such as receiving marketing communications.
- Legal Obligations: To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Information Automatically Collected When Visiting Our Website
We use automatically collected information for the following purposes:
- Website Functionality: To ensure the proper functioning and optimisation of our website.
- Analytics: To analyse trends, track user movements, and gather demographic information about our user base. This helps us improve our website’s content and user experience.
- Marketing: To deliver targeted advertising and promotional materials that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us at email@example.com.
- Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
We share information under the following circumstances: to adhere to legal requirements, to deliver requested services, to safeguard your rights, or to fulfil our business obligations.
Your information may be shared with the following parties for the purposes outlined in Section 2:
- Trainers: To facilitate the delivery of training services.
- Event Staff: To provide first aid event cover.
- Third-Party Service Providers: For services such as payment processing. We may also use third-party analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) to collect and analyse website usage data.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We retain your personal information for the duration necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include:
- Encryption of data during transmission.
- Regular monitoring of our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Restricted access to personal information only to employees and authorised third parties who need it for the purposes outlined in this policy.
- Implementation of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure the information we collect.
We continuously assess and enhance our security practices to safeguard your information. Despite our best efforts, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is entirely secure. The transmission of personal information to and from our website is undertaken at your own risk. It is advisable to access the website only within a secure environment.
- Managing Cookies
You can manage cookie preferences through your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies may impact your experience on our website.
- Your Rights
You have the right to:
- Access your personal information.
- Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your data.
- Data portability, where applicable.
To exercise your rights or for any privacy-related enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Contact Information